Monday, July 22, 2013

Day 176

Yesterday, I had my Walk & Talk, my one-on-one with my teacher.  Here's a photo, from the left, of Nicole (my teacher), Abram, and ML (one of the professional dog trainers).  Walking was no problem, but I don't know how to talk!  ML wants to confirm that my stair phobia is behavioral and not physical.  In other words, does ascending steps hurt me, and that's why I don't like stairs?  When I do choose to ascend the stairs, you can tell that I hate it.  I hang my head low and march like a toy soldier, trying to put the stairs behind me as quickly as possible.  I will not even stop mid-staircase for a treat!  So, Nicole shot lots of video of me jogging, and going up and down the steps.  One of the vets at the guide dog school will evaluate the video clips.  If only I could talk, I could explain exactly why I don't like steps!


No comments:

Post a Comment