Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Day 365

Please note that I have been with my puppy raiser family for a year today!  By pure coincidence, today was the second most important day of my life.  The first, of course, was the day I was born. Today, I went to Guiding Eyes for a BEC test.  Most dogs, when they go back, take an IFT test, but since I have had consistent issues with stairs, the folks at GEB called me in for a pre-test.  The normal IFT does not include stairs.  I did everything spectacularly, except for the stairs.  I can't help it.  I hate them.  Guide dogs must be consistently brave and adventurous, and that's just not me.  I have finally chosen my career.  I am going to be an awesome pet!  Unfortunately, I do not think my puppy raiser family can adopt me.  Eli just turned 13, and when he no longer has an au pair, who will keep me company during the day?  Mom and Peter spend way too much time at work, which makes me happy to be a dog!  I love the cats and all, but I really need to have people around.  There is a really long list of people waiting to adopt GEB dogs, and I know that I will soon join a loving family and live a happy dog life.  

Thanks for reading my blog.  I hope you've had fun following my adventures!

To

5 comments:

  1. Will miss reading about Rhythm's adventures. Best of luck to my retired brood Oneida's granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Grandma Oneida! Thank you for being my fan! I will miss being the best blogger puppy, but alas it's time for me to begin the next chapter in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And because of you your cousin Raisin is also blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you post the link to Raisin's blog? I would very much appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.raisingeb.blogspot.com/
    Raisin is Bea's (Buffy's sister) daughter.
    Her brother Randy also has a blog http://puppy-raiser.com/

    ReplyDelete